Vanished San Francisco
Date and Time for this Past Event
- Tuesday, Feb 14, 2023 5:45pm - 8pm
The San Francisco Historical Society
608 Commercial St
Lorri Ungaretti will lead a visual journey of more than 50 places and items that were once found in San Francisco but are gone now. Items include the Embarcadero Freeway; the Montgomery Block; a building erected in 1853 that survived the 1906 earthquake and fire; two-toned fog horns; the Sweeny Observatory in Golden Gate Park; and a butterfly that went extinct.
San Francisco native Lorri Ungaretti has written five books about the west side of San Francisco. She is the author of various articles on the city’s history and has given historical talks and led history tours. She is a longtime member and volunteer of SFHS. Lorri’s new book, Vanished San Francisco, will be available for sale.
* REGISTRATION FOR PROGRAM *
* To reserve your spot as an SFHS member please CLICK HERE.
* To purchase a non-member ticket ($10, free for 13 and under) please CLICK HERE.
* View online live stream during the event on YouTube: CLICK HERE TO WATCH STREAM.
Doors open at 5:45 PM for socializing and snacks.
Presentations begin at 6:30 PM.